We’re delivering year-round and multi-year programming around our 6 BOSS Pillars including STEAM focused academic enrichment, career pathways, financial literacy, leadership, life skills, networking, noncognitive skills and personal development.
● 2020 established BOSS Hackers to compete in hackathons; BOSS Robotics to compete in robotics competitions
● 2020 People’s Choice Award winner, MIT App Inventor Global Hackathon for Good, Safe Encounter App. Click here for short video demonstration of app.
● 2019 Hustle N’ Code Hackathon participant around solving community issues through code.
● Participated in 2-day Launch To Success STEM Workshop presented by The Aerospace Corporation and meant to inspire the next generation of engineers and scientists by immersing a group of Southern CA students in the diverse culture of Aerospace and exposing them to the various careers of our employee volunteers. Click here for a short video of the workshop
● Partnership with Microsoft which provides year-round opportunities to learn coding, build video games, etc.
● Career pathway real world experiences including AEG, Aerospace Corporation, Applied Minds, Kiewit Engineering, Port of Long Beach, SpaceX and Turner Construction.
● Career pathway seminars and workshops featuring architects, computer scientists, developers/designers, engineers, graphic designers, logistics experts, media/broadcasting, medical professionals, scientists, and technologists.
● Third-year running with across the board academic outperform versus non-BOSS boys
Click on the video to learn how we start the “process” with a 2-week summer enrichment camp
High school students are underperforming nationally, and more than one-third of them are dropping out for various reasons, including a lack of connection to the school, a lack of motivation and a perception that school is boring, and classes are not interesting. Boys of color and those from under-resourced communities and schools (boys) are especially vulnerable and at risk of unequal treatment and outcomes. Our response: a year-round and multi-year “process” designed to help boys develop the character, discipline, habits, and skills to achieve success in any industry or profession, with an emphasis on STEAM, critical thinking/writing and related fields.